cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Management Archive funtion

michaels2408
New Contributor

I am using an ICX7250-24P with firmware 9.0.10j_cd1. According to the web management pdf saving a running archive from the web management console --> management --> infra is possible using the 'Save Running Config as Archive' button. The PDF references the naming convention for the archive as CX7K_ARCHIVE followed by _##  where ## is the archive number. I have set the archive size to 50 but when I try to save the running archive using the mentioned naming format I continually get the ERROR: error - the input file name does not follow the archive naming convention.  I have tried several different types of file names - CX7K_ARCHIVE, CX7K_ARCHIVE_0, CX7K_ARCHIVE_1, CX7K_ARCHIVE_00, CX7K_ARCHIVE_01.  What is the correct archive naming convention?

8 REPLIES 8

inphobia
New Contributor III

when i started looking over cfg-archive docs in the 10.0.20 command reference i found quite some inconsistencies (or just plain errors).

instead of posting that whole lot here, what do you suggest? there is always the document feedback email address; but just for cfg-archive i already have 7 different pages with errors (minor ones, like parameters not listed as required, or visa versa , copy/paste errors, those kinda things)

also: any suggestion on how consistency can be reported. cfg-archive for example, the links you provided all speak of "archive naming convention" (with or without a dash), but in the command reference this isn't mentioned at all, they do mention "archive serial numbers" there (which references the 2 digits at the end of the string).

and finally: i have reported a few typos in the actual by opening a case, but this is way to much overhead for us and you, where do i report those?
minor stuff like this:
SSH@campus-core1#cfg-archive management show-current-config
Show the conf_archive configuration

-> i can guess what "conf_archive" refers to, but that's not used anywhere else, either use cfg-archive or configuration archive....

thx in advance

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Inphobia

Thank you for your feedback.

I would suggest to drop a email to the Ruckus documentation team with regard to error correction or typos. If facing any issue please feel free to let us know. It would be taken care.

Thanks 

inphobia
New Contributor III

did exactly that and while it took a few days i got a response & they'll be looking my very long mail to see if this can clear up some confusion.

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Inphobia

Ack and Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

Thanks