Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Backup and restore onto another ICX7250

Richl
New Contributor

On the Web Interface of the ICX7250 The Last Tabs have
TFTP Configuration
TFTP Image
Can I Perform a Backup of these for one Switch and Restore to another?
If so would I need to Specify an exact Filename or would a restore Place the File in the Correct Place with the name needed by the System – If the File name was something I understand rather than the Actual Name of what I am backing up. For example if I name the Backups M9config and M9Image Can I simply copy from Server using the same name?

5 REPLIES 5

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Could you please help us with firmware version that is running on the switch.

You can run "show version" to display the firmware version 

Thanks 

Richl
New Contributor

Hi

Sps08030r.bin

sw:version 08.0.30rT211

boot 10.1.06T215 spz10106

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Richl 

Refer the below link which is to Web Management guide for 8030. Where it mentions about config backup and upload. 

You will need to have portal access to download the pdf file 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/1428-fastiron-08-0-30-web-management-guide

Refer "Using TFTP" Pg 273 

I hope this link helps you. 

Also note when you restore the config,  model of the switch and firmware should match. Thanks 

Richl
New Contributor

Hi 

I have read the Guide and it tells me no more than I know now - I have saved backup files to my TFTP Brocade BNA Server - What I want to know is can I load this file to another Switch running the Same Firmware release.  If I can do this it would save time as all my switches would have the Same Configuration I would just then have to Populate the Vlan Members and carry out Basic Edit Functions rather than have to add all the config to each Switch one by one.