cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7250 RTU License

irakli_gvishian
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have two Ruckus ICX 7250 Switches in Router Mode, which are stacked. Firmware version is SPR08030h. 

Also we have already activated license ICX7250-10G-LIC-POD by RTU for Advanced Routing Features. Now we need 10G ports, and we are thinking to also activate RTU License for 10G ports. I have several questions regarding this activation:

1 - Do I need to restart switches after RTU will be activated?

2 - Will somehow new RTU license for 10G ports breaks already activated Advanced Routing Features? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please see the last section  here:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-licenseguide/page/GUID-5158A085-3C85-4EE3-BA59-CB73...

Since you already have 2x10 license, you will need to buy/install the 8x10 license. You can do this in production. No need to restart. If further assistance is needed, please open a support case and we can help you out (see my signature). 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

BenBeck

What licenses are present in 'show license'? POD license will not affect adv routing license. 

From 8030 licensing guide:

BenBeck_0-1666356355480.png

Also, I should note licensing is much easier in newer code! You can check the 8090/8095 licensing guide if you are curious. You would need to upgrade to 8080f prior to jumping to the newest code. 

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-licenseguide/page/GUID-5158A085-3C85-4EE3-BA59-CB73...

irakli_gvishian
New Contributor III

@BenBeck Thanks for your response.

There is result of Show license command:

Index Lic Mode Lic Name Lid/Serial No Lic Type Status Lic Period Lic Capacity
Stack unit 1:
1 Node Lock ICX7250-10G-LIC-POD fwlIN* Normal Active Unlimited 2
Stack unit 2:
1 Node Lock ICX7250-10G-LIC-POD fwlIN* Normal Active Unlimited 2

irakli_gvishian