cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7250 RTU License

irakli_gvishian
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have two Ruckus ICX 7250 Switches in Router Mode, which are stacked. Firmware version is SPR08030h. 

Also we have already activated license ICX7250-10G-LIC-POD by RTU for Advanced Routing Features. Now we need 10G ports, and we are thinking to also activate RTU License for 10G ports. I have several questions regarding this activation:

1 - Do I need to restart switches after RTU will be activated?

2 - Will somehow new RTU license for 10G ports breaks already activated Advanced Routing Features? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please see the last section  here:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-licenseguide/page/GUID-5158A085-3C85-4EE3-BA59-CB73...

Since you already have 2x10 license, you will need to buy/install the 8x10 license. You can do this in production. No need to restart. If further assistance is needed, please open a support case and we can help you out (see my signature). 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Please see the last section  here:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-licenseguide/page/GUID-5158A085-3C85-4EE3-BA59-CB73...

Since you already have 2x10 license, you will need to buy/install the 8x10 license. You can do this in production. No need to restart. If further assistance is needed, please open a support case and we can help you out (see my signature). 

Hello @BenBeck 

Thanks for your response, I have one another question:

I have done test update from 08030h up to SPR08090mc (Firstly update has been done to 8080f) on my another ICX7250 and during this update process configuration has been deleted. Is it normal behavior? 

Because our production switches are in stack and is critical for us if configuration will be deleted, even if we before take configuration backup.

Did you 'wr mem' while running 8080f? There will be syntax conversion at the step upgrade and it is required to 'wr mem' to save the 8080f version of the config (which can then be understood by 8090mc at first parse). 

If this is not the culprit, please open a support case so it can be looked at. 

Yes, I did write memory 

Alright. Please open a support case, so it can be looked at. There are some syntax and design changes from 8030 to 8090, so I don't want to assume anything. Dual mode being deprecated is probably the largest syntax change you would see.