cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7450-24P Rebooting

michaels2408
New Contributor

Good morning,

I have an ICX7450-24P that I purchased used. When I first fired this unit up and began my configuration it seemed fine. It came with 8.0.30 firmware in switch mode. I immediately upgraded to 8.0.95n, then after seeing all ok, Updated to 09.0.10j_cd2 . Updated in both primary and secondary.

Copyright (c) Ruckus Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.
    UNIT 1: compiled on Apr 25 2024 at 05:08:28 labeled as SPR09010j_cd2
      (33554432 bytes) from Primary SPR09010j_cd2.bin (UFI)
        SW: Version 09.0.10j_cd2T213
      Compressed Primary Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.26T215 (spz10126)
       Compiled on Tue Nov 29 07:43:15 2022

After I began configuration the unit randomly started rebooting approx every 14-15 minutes, like clock work. Tried going back to 08.0.95n, tried resetting to factory defaults via linux command line

factory set-default

But the reboot issue remains. I have tried with and without POE. I have started removing the 3 4x10g modules to see if one of those are bad. Also plan on trying disabling the fans one a time to see if either are the culprit. I am only using 1 PS of the two. Since reading through the forums I keep seeing this issue popping up when using router code on a device in the Lennar threads. So that leads to question what is Lennar? Is it hardware specific in the ICX switch that makes them incompatible with router code? Or is it a separate component of networking? Is there anything I can do to verify or drill down to find the problem? I have also checked

show reload

to verify there is no reload after x minutes set. Its clean. The log only shows from the last reload so nothing there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Michaels2408

Thank you for reaching us

Follow the below procedure to go to boot mode

• Reload the switch 
  • Keep pressing "b" continuously
  • When it will go to boot mode the switch would populate mode as ICX7150_boot>
  • Then continue with software recovery procedure 

If you have no access to boot mode then it would be difficult to recover the switch. Log a case with us using below link for RMA

Thanks 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Michaels2408

If you have access to Boot Mode of the switch , could you please try the below method to recover software using software recovery method 

You would be able to access boot mode by pressing "b" during the initial reboot

Lennar Homes is a project associated for a builder in America who uses our switches and AP devices for Lennar home end customers and we support them through portal. The Lennar Page is dedicated and focused on supporting Lennar customers.

When you are doing a software recovery try to recover the switch using 8095n version. 

Thanks

I loaded the switch firmware using the boot env process. Still rebooting after 13-15 minutes. Curious. The instructions in the link show loading pre UFI firmware and boot code. Would this make a difference? I had already loaded UFI boot code and believe there is a difference process for going backwards.

Just wanted to share the reboot occurred while in linux boot mode before loading fast iron. Here is the message I saw.

[BRCD]: Sent SIGKILL to all processes
Requesting system reboot
bbbbb[  314.741150] reboot: Restarting system
[  314.785040] Asserting GHPIO[7] reset sequence from Kernel ...

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Michaels2408

Follow the below procedure to go to boot mode

• Reload the switch 
  • Keep pressing "b" continuously
  • When it will go to boot mode the switch would populate mode as ICX7150_boot>
  • Then continue with software recovery procedure 

If you have no access to boot mode then it would be difficult to recover the switch. Log a case with us using below link for RMA

Thanks