cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 PoE power supply and cable inspection

CHOIYOUNGJAE
New Contributor II

Hello.

I'm contacting you because I have a question.

■ Equipment in use
-ICX7150
Version: SPS08090d

AP: R310

There seems to be a problem with the cable and the power supply to the AP is not working properly.

If you look at the log, the assigned values are the same, but the values in use are different.

What are the other reasons? If it's normal, isn't it normal that all APs have the same amount of power?

I set the automatic cell size, so is the value different?

What is the normal power (mW) value for the R310 AP?

CHOIYOUNGJAE_0-1679380431132.png

※ Is there a command that can check the port error counter like CISCO?

Help me.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CHOIYOUNGJAE,

As per the output you have shared I do see that ports are allocated with 15watts and each AP consumes between 2.7 to 5 watts from the ports. Well if you have enabled auto power negotiation in AP, The Aps will negotiates and consume power as much it required so its normal that each AP have different power consumption values. Unless you haven't face any AP power off or AP's radio off issue its fine only and I hope your query has been addressed.

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

Regards,

Kamlesh M.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @CHOIYOUNGJAE 

As I mentioned earlier you can check CRC errors on the port with following below commands :

"Show interface ethernet x/x/x" and "Show statistics ethernet x/x/x"

CRC errors occurs due to bad physical cable or transceivers so please try swap the cable and port of the AP then observe the status of the port.

Regards,

Kamlesh M

Hello, Chandini

Thank you for your answer.
I'll check.

Hi @CHOIYOUNGJAE,

As per the output you have shared I do see that ports are allocated with 15watts and each AP consumes between 2.7 to 5 watts from the ports. Well if you have enabled auto power negotiation in AP, The Aps will negotiates and consume power as much it required so its normal that each AP have different power consumption values. Unless you haven't face any AP power off or AP's radio off issue its fine only and I hope your query has been addressed.

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

Regards,

Kamlesh M.

Hello.kamlesh_murthyr

Thank you for your answer.