cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi connection randomly disconnects on 2013 MacBook Pro.

selahattin_sado
New Contributor II
Hello,

We've been using Ruckus 7341 and 7363. My question is : Wi-Fi connection randomly disconnects on 2013 MacBook Pro. All up-to-date is installed on Mountain Lion 10.8.5. What might be the problem? is there any incompatibility between MacBook pro and AP?

thanks
11 REPLIES 11

bill_burns_6069
Contributor III
Disconnects for what period of time?
There are a few people who have had problems w/ macbook air's.
(less often I think w/ macbook pro's)

In general, people seem to think these problems can be resolved w/ enough tweaking to the controller configs, but I haven't figured out what the magic incantation is that makes things work.
I'd open a case w/ Ruckus.
Try to only make one change at a time, and make notes re: what changes caused what improvements.

I had issues w/ macbook air's roaming frequently between APs, and also brief (but sometime frequent) periods of connectivity loss.
Things seem to be better now.

jelle_alten_606
Contributor
What firmware version are you running on the AP's? Are these stand alone AP's, or with a ZoneDirector?
How many clients are connected when it disconnects?

selahattin_sado
New Contributor II
@Bill Burns : Disconnect frequently as period of time. So what do you recommended?

@Jelle Alten : Installed latest firmware 9.7.0.0.220 for 7341 and 7363. These are stand alone APs.
How many clients are connected when it disconnects? no exact number BTW connected 5 MacBook pro at the same time. all of them have same issue

I'm asking again , Any issue reported regarding incompatibility between MAC OS 10.8.5 and Ruckus ? Because I've reviewed 9.7.0.0.220 (GA) Release Notes.
it says :The following client operating systems have been tested for compatibility with this release:
Mac OS 10.6.8 , Mac OS 10.8.4 , Mac OS 10.9

I *think* your problem is related to the model of your clients. (not OS)
Do you have support?
Open a case w/ Ruckus.