cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the password for configure.me ssid after factory reset on R510?

kai_cheung
New Contributor II
I have an R510 that was originally Unleashed, then flashed to run on my Cloud WiFi network and have now removed the unit from the network.  I'd like to flash this back to Unleashed and have done a factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 seconds.  I now see the configure.meXXXXX SSID but it's asking for a network password to connect to that SSID.  Is there a default password?  I thought that there wouldn't be a password requirement at all.
39 REPLIES 39

do it locally, thats the only way and assign a local ip from the same segment

locally or just upgrade to the latest version of Unleashed code from Ruckus Support site, you can download the BL7 file and do a local upgrade if you have access to the AP GUI before its put into unleashed mode

philip_springer
New Contributor II
I have a brand new R510, not Unleashed as far as I know, and it's broadcasting a ConfigureMe.xxxxxx.  There is no documentation regarding what password to use for that.  It is also on my network with a DHCP address, but I cannot get into the login page, it just says there's a network issue.  Fing sees it and identifies it as a Ruckus device on the network.  Any suggestions?

Since you see the Configure.Me SSID, your AP must be running Unleashed code.

As soon as the Unleashed AP is powered on and connected to the local network, it boots up and begins broadcasting a temporary unencrypted ESSID named “Configure.Me-[xxxxxx]”from the 2.4 GHz radio only.

Using your client’s WiFi configuration settings, select and associate to the “Configure.Me-[xxxxxx]” SSID.

Launch a web browser and enter the following into the browser’s URL bar: unleashed.ruckuswireless.com, and press Enter.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Philip,

If AP is connected to wired network and has a DHCP IP, try access it using DHCP IP.

What error you are getting when you hit AP IP address?

Could you try SSH into the AP's DHCP IP address with super/sp-admin or admin/admin and confirm if you are able to log into CLI.

Is there any AP (unleashed) on Ruckus controller already installed in the network?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn