cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Indoor AP R610 R510 R650 etc. have some problem with Apple M1 mac

jason_hsu
New Contributor

I'm M1 Air users, and while using WiFi connection my air will disconnect randomly.
I have 2 workspace , one space have lots of APs (R610)
in this case my air will disconnect randomly.

another space only have 1 AP, but did not occur disconnect.

Anyone have simliar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lennart_kramer
New Contributor

Hello,
we currently have a similar problem with a customer.
All of the customer's Apple devices (iPhone, MacBook Pro, iMac) are having problems connecting to the Ruckus R650 Unleashed access points.
The connection is always interrupted and the iMacs / Macbooks are then reconnected but no IP is obtained. It only helps to deactivate and reactivate the WLAN on the client. 

Regards

Lennart Kramer

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Jason,

There could be many reasons for unstable network connection.

Are these APs part of a managed network or running as standalone?

Verifying wireless settings and making sure APs were installed correctly on best possible location is the kay for stable network.

It is best if you open a case with support and report the issue, if all standard settings and installation looks good to you.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

hayward_kong
Contributor III

Are guys using SmartZone? ZoneDirector? Cloud controller? or Unleashed? The work space that has disconnects  are other devices getting disconnects? or just the M1?

SmartZone , Cloud controller , just the M1

scott_sawin
New Contributor

I would like to join jason on this one.  We have one M1 mac in our environment.  

Virtual Smart Zone: 5.2.0.0.669

R720's and R730

The M1 will connect and work just fine some days another other days it will pop up and request credentials.  Sometimes the credentials will work and connect after awhile and other times not.  Once connected it typically will stay connected the rest of the day but occasionally it will randomly disconnect.  

Just today I was asked for my password on my M1 (reason invalid password)  I hit cancel rebooted the laptop and logged in and it connected.