cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R770 Flashing Amber and can't set up

igobypenn
New Contributor II

I recently purhcased a ruckus R770. 

Very basically I've tried to follow the AP Setup guide on the ruckus website but haven't been able to complete it. 

I'm using a POE Injector ( TRENDnet TPE-319GI capable of POE++ and 10G) and new 1ft cat 6a cables. 

First set up I tried. 

AP -> POE Port on injector, Laptop -> POE Data Port. In this situation The AP will power on and the LED indicator will go from Solid RED -> Solid Amber -> Flashing Amber. And no matter how long i wait (up to 6 hrs) the LED will never turn to solid green and even when setting static IP address on Laptop to suggested 192.168.0.22 , I cannot access 192.168.0.1 in any web browser(chrome,firefox,brave,edge)

Next Set up i tried was 

AP-> poe port on injector, POE Data Port -> Switch and Laptop to Switch. Same exact result. 

I then tried factory reseting by holding the reset button until the light went from red-> red with green to solid red). I then again tried the above scenarios exhibiting the same behavior. 

At this point , I don't know what else to try and some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I reimaged the AP with the Firmware(since it was now available)... even though the version i upgraded to was the same as the one get version returned with. Once the upgrade completed, all changes started persisting as expected. I guess between restarts or otherwise something was corrupted or wrong with Firmware on my specific device but seems resolved. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for all the tests.
Let me take an R770 to test if this is the expected behavior.
Can you please provide the output of 'get version'? I would like to run my test on the same version as yours

Bruno Andrade | Principal TSE Bulldog Americas | RCNA | CWNA | CWDP
Follow me on LinkedIn

rkscli: get version

Ruckus R770 Multimedia Hotzone Wireless AP

Version: 122.0.0.0.722

OK

Hello,

I've tested with another R770 using the same version, and I was able to save the configuration. It keeps the configuration after a power cycle.

It appears to be something specific to your AP. I suggest contacting who supplied you with this AP. If the AP is registered under your name or company, you can open a support case to request an RMA.

Bruno Andrade | Principal TSE Bulldog Americas | RCNA | CWNA | CWDP
Follow me on LinkedIn

I reimaged the AP with the Firmware(since it was now available)... even though the version i upgraded to was the same as the one get version returned with. Once the upgrade completed, all changes started persisting as expected. I guess between restarts or otherwise something was corrupted or wrong with Firmware on my specific device but seems resolved.