cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal to 1/3 of devices

david_fawcett_e
New Contributor II

Hi.  I’m new to Ruckus and don’t know to much.  I have 3 R550’s running Unleashed in a 3500sq foot home.  I setup Unleashed as Mesh, not sure if that was a mistake.  All 3 R550’s are hardwired to the router.  About 1/3 of my devices show a poor signal all the time.  Most are Apple devices that never seem to be connected to the closest access point.  I’m trying to determine if adding a controller would help at all.  I’m read that a controller would add Fast Roaming 802.11r that apple devices support.  Thank you for any help!

27 REPLIES 27

Hi Fredrik,

I will check if a clear or tentative timeline is available.

I don't think there is any beta program for end customers under Unleashed but I will check.

@tony_heung any idea?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Great! Much appreciated! In the meantime will of course keep on trying to figure out if something else is at play - or at least narrow down the issues at hand. 

200.10 beta is not open to public domain.

200.10 official release is scheduled for Q1'21.

ax bugs and a number of performance fixes would also be available in a patch for 200.9 branch however no firm date for the patch release so far.

Thanks Tony! Will keep my eyes open for both 200.9 patch and official 200.10 release. Could an educated guess be to expect a 200.9 patch early March and full 200.10 release towards end of Q1 🙂

You are welcome.  We don't provide release date in the public domain but we do share the details with our authorized partners.