cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal to 1/3 of devices

david_fawcett_e
New Contributor II

Hi.  I’m new to Ruckus and don’t know to much.  I have 3 R550’s running Unleashed in a 3500sq foot home.  I setup Unleashed as Mesh, not sure if that was a mistake.  All 3 R550’s are hardwired to the router.  About 1/3 of my devices show a poor signal all the time.  Most are Apple devices that never seem to be connected to the closest access point.  I’m trying to determine if adding a controller would help at all.  I’m read that a controller would add Fast Roaming 802.11r that apple devices support.  Thank you for any help!

27 REPLIES 27

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi David,

Do you see low signal strength only on Unleashed GUI or client devices also shows low signal and poor performance? 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi.  Thank you for the response.  I am noticing the low signal strength on Unleashed GUI and on the devices as poor performance.

Hi David,

Do you have any other AP model on the same network?

Just curious to know if issue is happening on all the AP models or specific to R550.

There is one known issue related to R550 (and some ax APs) where we have seen the issue. A fix is in work and will be available on upcoming 200.10 version.

I don't have a timeline for the upcoming version but it should be available between Feb mid to March 1st week, if there are no additional roadblocks in between.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I don’t have any other AP models.  Just the 3 R550s.  That’s good to know that there is an issue and maybe I have it setup properly.  Would a controller help me with the roaming issue with apple devices that support Fast Roaming 802.11r now?  If so can you tell me which one?  Thank you for helping me!

@syamantak_omer is there a way to be accepted for a beta-release of the 200.10 version you mention? Or is timelime more definitive now? In my recent posts I have outline weird connectivity issue after replacing r510 with r550s in a three AP-install.