A few years ago I set up a zone director with 5 R720 APs. Works a treat in my home and this is the first time I have actually had stable wifi. Im a Ruckus fan as a result.
I have a holiday home overseas that is a 4 bedroom semi detached house with very little garden. Rebuilding it right now. I am thinking that it will need 2-3 APs. As it’s a while since I did my Ruckus AP research I am back with a few questions.
1. I intend not to use a ZD as this is a smaller scale installation. I guess this means I need the “unleashed” option, and WW for overseas rather than US in the serial number?
2. Last time around I worked out that 720 meant better than 520. Now I am very confused as there are Ruckus APs around of so many different numbers. I usually look for a bargain by buying last year’s model (or older) in order to get a good quality AP that is not too expensive. What I don’t know is how to compare between models - for example a 750 versus a 520. Is there any resource that makes this clear?
3. Last time around I tried a Ruckus PoE switch, which isn’t plugnplay and caused problems. Is there yet a Ruckus plugnplay switch? Can Ruckus APs all run without PoE and with a PSU? Think the R720 can.
Sorry for the basic questions and many thanks!!
Nice to hear your wonderful experience with Ruckus and we are please to know you are adding another site on this list. Coming to your questions kindly find below :
1) Unleashed APs can be termed successor for ZD platform for now and a World-Wide ordering part number APs can be set for use in the intended countries, except for USA,Israel, Japan, that must buy country-code specific APs.
2) You can check below link which also provided you the option to compare :
3) You could check below for support ;
Please can someone help me out here. I want to know which of the R720 or R650 is a better AP. Both are discussed on Ruckus’s website but it’s very difficult for a non expert to tell between the two. https://support.ruckuswireless.com/product_families/2-ruckus-indoor-aps
I solely want to chose whichever of these will have the best range and stability as an AP and am not judging on extras like Ethernet ports or Zigbee. I will use these for general internet usage plus some IP cams.
I can get both APs for a similar price.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.