cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients disconnection issue

bastien_lefebvr
New Contributor II
Hi,

We have some issues about clients randomly disconnected from our Wifi.
It happens frequently without clear reason.
When they are disconnected, the can disconnect and reconnect to the network and it's working fine again.
Our Wlan is configured with WPA2/AES security.
No isolation, no captive portal.
We set the inactivity disconnection to 500minutes.
It's configured to provide a VLAN (33)

Our controller is a ZD1200
Firmware : 9.13.2.0 build 33
Our access points are R500

Do not hesitate if you need some more information.

Thank you for your help !

Matthieu
27 REPLIES 27

Hi Sanjay, 

This disconnection issue is happening with  devices like desktop which having Tipi link adapter  with ubantu os ,  PDA devices (Honeywell & I-data) , windows laptop. clients those who are associated with T310c having more issue. 

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Moshiur,

Can you check the AP Support file and find the disconnection event for the client MAC address?
The event should have the disconnection reason.

ict_technician_
New Contributor
Hi there, I have a similar issue with some of my wireless clients.  Where do I see the disconnection event reason?  I have looked on the console and selected the AP, then I filtered it to just see one particular client's mac address. I can see them leaving and joining the AP but I don't see a disconnection reason .. .am I looking in the wrong place?
Thanks

Hi There,

If it is ZD, then you have to change the ZD log settings to "Show all".

Refer the online document from here.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

theycomingforme
New Contributor

I am also having this issue on a Virtual Smart Zone with R550 APs
We have 10 APs in the office for 100-150 people.  Everyone uses Teams constantly and have complained about frequent disconnects, video artifacts, audio cutting out...all the hallmarks of a dropped connection.
Recently a few co-workers were talking about the Internet access dropping, but the wifi stays connected and is only resolved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnecting.  I have personally experienced this as well.

We have a mixed environment, Apple, Lenovo, Dell, Windows 10 and 11, iOS, Android, Mac OS
We use Cisco switches, but I swapped them with Dell and Ubiquiti without any appreciable change.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?  Static channels?  Longer background scanning times?
I'll try about anything, they are coming after me with pitchforks.