Last week, we pushed out the SWIPE App to the Apple App Store. If you're using the vSCG or SCG, you'll now be able to automatically collect info during the AP Registration process using SWIPE & email it.
Supported fields include: AP Name, MAC Addr, Serial Number, Model, IP Address, Last Seen Timestamp, Picture.
The process / workflow is as follows.
1. A technician goes to the site with several APs.
2. Tech fires up SWIPE & log onto the (v)SCG using standard IP connectivity (cellular or WiFi)
3. Tech grabs any AP, scan the barcode on the AP or the box for the SN & Mac Addr using the camera on the SmartPhone
4. Tech installs the AP & power it up
5. Tech takes a picture of the AP using the camera
6. Tech can change the name of the AP and enter in any Notes
7. Tech can run a performance check on the up/downstream speeds
8. Tech can email status report that includes the above info
A few other comments:
* SWIPE is free
* There is an Android version that's currently in development. It should be available in the next few weeks on Google Play
* SWIPE works with SCG version 2.5 or higher
* Other interesting capabilities in SWIPE including:
* A mapping tool to let you navigate to the site.
* Sort APs by proximity, highest standing alarm and search by name.
* For a full list, check the App store or the product page on the Ruckus Wireless Mobile Apps Product Page.
SWIPE on Apple App Store
Ruckus Wireless SWIPE Product Page