cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD3025 Guest Pass login page not being redirected to at remote site

chuck_aaker
New Contributor III

ZD3025 Guest Pass login page not being redirected to at remote site.  This is a new setup, in testing user connects to the Guest WLAN and receives an IP address from a Juniper SRX,  The ZD3025 is accessible from the Guest's PC and the gateway on the SRX can be pinged.  The Guest login page can be accessed by entering it into the address bar on a browser, it come back with the conformation.

But if you open a browser it does not redirect to the Guest login page.

The ZD3025 is accessed from the remote site over and MPLS, and the Guest WLAN is VLANed at the remote site.

Any hints on where I have gone wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
hi Chuck,

In my experience, redirection usually happens because of misconfiguration and got some Quick questions:

1. You mentioned about able to ping ZD from remote side, how much is the latency?
2. Your two statements are confusing "The Guest login page can be accessed by entering it into the address bar on a browser, it come back with the conformation.But if you open a browser it does not redirect to the Guest login page." Can you please clarify?
3. Do you see this issue on all type of devices?
4. Is there any proxy?
5. If you try accessing guest login page on wired computer at the remote site, what happens? Same issue?
6. Is there a chance that SRX is blocking something? Just for testing, can you bypass it?

Hope this helps..

chuck_aaker
New Contributor III

Somehow I fixed it.  Not sure what I did, I made a change on the SRX to fix a different issue and it started working.   But to fill in the questions.

1: 12ms

2: If I put in the address for the ZD3025 from a device I could enter the Guest pass and be authenticated.

3: Yes

4: No

5: bypass it. no  But in the past I have seen the SRX rules not take effect until a different change has been committed.  Not very often, and usually only after a large configuration change.

It appears that the Guest login page takes about 3-4 seconds to load.  I need to check our Steelheads and see if it is caching the page, if it is I will have to set the Steelheads to not cache from the ZD3025 address.