cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you cannot block or ban a guest computer

itdept_head_me
Contributor

if you have a web portal with  allocated password...

When the "guest" joins the wifi point under the zonedirector (10.4.1.0 build 226)

they CANNOT ever be banned or blocked!!!

clicking on "delete" or "block" in the zone director

does nothing & they remain connected  and with access for the life of the certificate age they were given.

why?

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi,

Could you check how many clients are already in block list of the ZD.

It is possible that you may be reaching the maximum limit of blocking client on blocklist.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I don't have any clients in the "block list"...

maybe on a daily basis 1-2 whilst disciplinary measures are being dealt with....

since this network is for guest access only, so no staff should be on it ,unless they mis-apropreated a guest pw.

that's how i found it..... we had no "guests" in our business, but 2 people logged on.

when i tried to  block/ ban them , I got the massages asking are you sure you want to block/ban m.a.c xyz

answering yes.. did not do a thing....

there are no "AD" connections to this wifi point.. and the only pw is allocated by  IT...

Hi,

You should be able to block the client if total number of blocked clients are less than 150.

Please go to Services & Profiles >> Access Control >> Blocked Clients >> Check if there are any MAC addresses listed.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I'm not in the habit of being questioned about my ability on how to use Ruckus equipment, Once I have CLEARLY STATED NOTHING IS BLOCKED.

ONCE AGAIN NOTHING IS IN THE BLOCKED CLIENTS LIST

There is nothing wrong with my eyes.

it shows "No Data Available" 0-0 of 0 shown.

Even if the list was full, it is STILL a bug :

1 .in not reporting that the item cannot be blocked (list full)

2. What has the list full got to do with "deleting" a client?