cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve Rescue MODE for ZONEDIRECTOR 1100

domingo_magadia
New Contributor

How can i resolve this issue, RESCUE MODE for ZONEDIRECTOR 1100, system can't boot the ZONE DIRECTOR Image correctly?

Hope anyone can assist us,

Thank you in advance!

31 REPLIES 31

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @uplinkal

You can download the image file from the below link and upgrade the ZD if running earlier than 9.8 version. 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software_terms_and_conditions/616-zd1100-9-8-1-0-101-mr-software-...

The ZD can be upgraded from the 9.6 or 9.7 versions to the 9.8 version directly. 

Thank you!
Amith 

uplinkal
New Contributor III

According to the ZD1100, it shows version 9.9.0.0 build 212. Is that the firmware version?

Also, the R700 shows sw version 5.1.2.0.373. Is that the firmware? These are not labelled very clearly for me to understand.

Also, how do I find this AP CLI to log in to? and finally, you say to execute certain commands if the AP is not getting connected. Well, I can connect to the R700 and ZD1100 by regular logging in, but I don't know what to do next. Remember, I am very new to this and have never set up the R700 or the ZD1100 before. Also note that this unit is the third ZD1100. The first two were bricked as far as I can tell. I cannot access of the first two units. Luckily, I had a third that seems to work. I bought all three units at a bankruptcy/estate sale and they are as they are. I just need guidance to set it up. Please help me?

uplinkal
New Contributor III

Here is the screenshot ZD1100 page.JPGR700 page.JPGHere are screenshot images from the ZD1100 and R700

uplinkal
New Contributor III

I forgot to answer your last question, and that was how many AP700 devices will I be connecting. The answer is one for now possibly a second later. That is all I need.

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @uplinkal

Thank you for the update and for sharing the screenshots. 

As the AP is running on 5.1.2 version it will not be able to connect to the ZD running on 9.9 version. 

We will have to use the upgrade option and change the AP version to 100.X. 

As you have GUI access to the AP please click on the upgrade option and then upload the image file of r700 from the downloaded software. 

The AP version can be downloaded from the link below link. This will be in a Zip file so extract the contents and use the R700_100.0.0.127.bl7 file to upgrade the AP. The snippet below for your reference. 

Amith_3-1697609794516.png

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software_downloads/661-standalone-ap-software-100-0-0-0-127-all-a...

Once the AP is on standalone 100.X version it should get connected with the Zone Director. If not then log into the CLI using the below method and execute the command. 

To login into the AP CLI use SSH(Download Putty application from Google). Enter the IP address in the Hostname or IP address field and click on Open.  

Amith_2-1697608717682.png

Enter the credentials and post that execute the commands "set director ip <IP of the ZD>" followed by "reboot". 

Please update us with the results or if you have any queries related to the above steps shared. 

Thank you!
Amith