cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve Rescue MODE for ZONEDIRECTOR 1100

domingo_magadia
New Contributor

How can i resolve this issue, RESCUE MODE for ZONEDIRECTOR 1100, system can't boot the ZONE DIRECTOR Image correctly?

Hope anyone can assist us,

Thank you in advance!

31 REPLIES 31

vasanth_edward
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @domingo_magadia,

Thank you for reaching to Ruckus Support via FORUM.

Please follow article below to bring ZD out of rescue mode.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001481

Do let me know should you have any further queries.

Regards,

Vasanth Edward

I am having a similar issue with ZD1100 stuck in rescue mode. A message tells me it can't boot the Zone director Image properly. What can I do about that? What is the image I am supposed to see? Is there a download or other fix for this?

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @uplinkal

Thank you for reaching out to us over the forum. 

Below are the steps you can follow from the article: 
First, try to recover the ZD using the “Perform Reboot” option, as this will preserve the existing configuration on the ZD.

Click “Perform Reboot” after reboot and it will redirect to the ZD login page, if this does not work, follow the below steps

2. Click “Perform FDISK” to reformat/clear the USB contents which will erase all the configuration on ZD.
Successful FDISK displays the message as “FDISK complete

3. Install/upgrade the firmware on ZD using “Perform Upgrade

**Any 9.5 or 9.6 image file can be used to upgrade
4. If the above does not help, please try to hard reset the ZD by inserting a paper clip or any point object into the RESET hole and press & hold it for 15-20 seconds.
Once the ZD is reset it can be reached on 192.168.0.2. 

If above all fails, then the Device could be faulty so raise a case with Support to have the RMA initiated. 

Thank you!
Amith 

uplinkal
New Contributor III
I cannot log into the ZD1100. As soon as I enter 192.168.0.2 (ENTER), a screen comes up showing it is in RESCUE MODE. I tried the FDISK and it replied  "successful" but when I click on "reboot" nothing happens. I see a message at the top of the screen telling me that there is a problem with the zone director image. I don't even know what that is. Where can I find a replacement image?
The unit appears to be functioning normally otherwise.