cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect to home page

clive_jones_587
New Contributor II
Using a ZoneDirector 1100 I am managing an Intranet with WIFI. I would like the users to log on to the WIFI network (SSID and password) and once they are connect be directed to the Intranet's home page. This saves them having to type the URL. The web site itself has not authentication.

I am running the Intranet on Server 2003, IIS etc.

Thanks for any guidance.
7 REPLIES 7

sid_sok
Contributor II
You can use the HotSpot feature to send client to a landing page that requires them to log in (usually an external web server that that will as for a username and password) and once they are checked against your server they will automatically be re-directed to a specified site or their original site.

You can also use the WebAuth Feature and check their credential against your IAS server.

Either one will work for you to get the client directed to a "login" site.

clive_jones_587
New Contributor II
Thank you for your reply Sid Sok. I did try the HotSpot but it didn't redirect to the home page. I will have to have another look at it. There is no login page though. Just the SSID and password for the WIFI connection. It would be great that once the user has been connected and attributed an IP address the default browser opens and is redirected to the home page. Looks like I will have to do something on the Server but not sure what.

sid_sok
Contributor II
The hotspot page should work and will allow you to presents a "Terms and Condition" page where the user would just have to click on "Accept" or something like that and the external sever will sent a post the client can send to the ZD with a default username and password that you can pre-set as allowed.

What you can't do it to have the web page come up automatically. There are systems out there like iPad and newer version of OSX, that has something that detects if the system is connected to a Captive Portal network or not and will pull up a "mini-broswer" and that will bring you to the external hotspot server.

Here is a sample hotspot page that you can use that has a "user1" embeded as the username and password:

Wireless Internet Service

Wireless Internet Service

http://YOUR_ZONEDIRECTOR_IP:9997/logi...;

this user1 that you give as example, you create in ZD database or use in an radiusserver?