cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R500 not compatible with ac-7260

trevor_wright_6
New Contributor II
Just installed zd1100 and r500s, worked ok when eventually got hold of relevant firmware. (new customer) Having problems connecting tosh with intel ac7260. Seems problem is to do with channelfly and .h messages. Works if select one channel as this disable channelfly. (tried on standalone unit). Been asked to manually set channel in ZD as test but need to check interference. Other option to set run stop time. Running build 101 and have downloaded build 108 but not sure if it includes any fix. First ruckus install so not overly happy.
Trevor
81 REPLIES 81

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Trevor,

The ZD WebUI is meant to be more user friendly than command line. From the
Configure tab, Services on the left, the boxes to configure 2.4/5G channel selection
(self healing) are found. We suggest to check the 5G box to enable Automatic
adjustment, and pick ChannelFly from the dropdown (rather than Bkgd Scanning).

Apply this change and let your APs use the algorithm which entails an off-channel
scan an building of an internal database with interference seen. After at least two
hours, the AP ought to have selected a better-than-default channel. You can then
change the ZD Configure/Services, and uncheck the 5G Automatically adjust box.

This only applies to 5G band when you have our newest 11ac AP models in use.
You can use background scanning or channelfly algorithm on your 2.4G channels,
and leave it running. I hope this is helpful.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Thank you for this helpful suggestion! So just to clarify, I should check the automatically adjust power box for 5GHz on AC AP's? Does it do harm on a heterogeneous deployment of 7982's and R700's? Just trying to reconcile this with the General advice that ruckus recommends allowing Beamflex to do its thing instead of allowing the AP's to decrease their power levels.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Never mind - looking at the ZD pane, it makes more sense. There's 3 settings that start with "Automatically Adjust", and you weren't implying to turn on the power reducing option.

josh_hymer
New Contributor III
We are having major issues with our R710 deployment.  Looks like the Lenovo Chromebook N21s are using the same Intel 7260 card.  Anyone having issues with these?

I have had nothing but problems with the 7260 and my R710's.  Impossible to recreate the issues for support, so we are left with a less functional wireless network.