Hi,
Can i enable DHCP for particular SSID in ZD1200

Thanks,

Sibi
4 REPLIES 4

ramprakash_smar
New Contributor III
Hi,

if you are using DHCP server on the controller then you cannot.
Could you please elaborate what is the problem you are trying to solve?

sibi_raj
New Contributor II
Thank you for the reply..  If i enable DHCP in ZD, then the Lan PCs also get IP released from ZD. We want to get DHCP only for the wireless clients.

chuck_aaker
New Contributor III
We do a configuration where a windows server is used as a dhcp with multiple scopes, and we have multiple ESSID's VLANed so each ESSID receive DHCP from their specified scope.  I am sure there are other ways to do this.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The ZoneDirector can serve DHCP on it's local subnet only, and the ZoneDirector assumes it's using default VLAN 1 (considered 'untagged').
Best practices advise customers to assign unique/different VLAN IDs to their WLANs (clients), and this requires that the ZD be connected to a switch that can Trunk more than one VLAN, each with its own DHCP server and def-gw IP for those subnet(s).
The ZoneDirector local DHCP is meant to provide a local IP to APs that are initially being connected (to learn ZD IP or Mesh info, and then can be deployed remotely),
*or* for the small business/home user, who trusts his wireless clients not to mess with his ZD/APs.