cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Wireless Network Solution Enquiry

john_sin_643128
New Contributor
I would like to setup 2 unit Ruckus ZoneFLex R710 AP and 3 unit Ruckus ZoneFlex R500 AP and ZoneDirection 1200 in my office.

I will create three SSID with different VLAN for internal user, Guest user and Mobility device.

I will create a SSID for internal user with VLAN 1 and enable capital portal with internal database authentication.

Internal user can access both internal network and internet and need to logon web portal with internal user account and password that created on ZD internal database.

I will also create a SSID for guest user with VLAN101 and enable guest access service with gest pass authentication.

Guest user can only access internet .

For Mobility device,I will create a SSID with VLAN102 and enable capital portal with internal database authentication , Mobility device can be allow internet only.

Before Mobility device can be get internet connectivity, internal user need to logon web portal with internal account and password.

For Internal user and Mobility device ,I need to create expiration date for each internal user account to restrict user access time. Also, I can terminate user connectivity on WLC if necessary.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c3db135b77e2478b2bad_6106f0d211ae51fa5f3bdc61ad1f13ec_RackMultipart20160416762981no2-f994c779-2573-4fcc-84a1-21d396578fa6-1168660396.jpg1460828820I am a newbie for ruckus.I would like to confirm that above setting can achieve my wireless network requirement or not?

In additional, I attach network diagram to you for your reference.

Please help to give suggestion for this case.
3 REPLIES 3

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I would recommend to use another VLAN ID for your Internal network access, as the ZD/APs consider/expect VLAN 1 to be untagged.

Best practice recommends that the ZD/APs be on separate untagged network, with your client WLAN traffic tagged on other VLANs.  

So, your design is feasible, assuming you have the router/switch infrastructure.  I'm sure your local VAR or Ruckus SE would be happy 
to discuss further.

Hi Michael,

I would like to know how Ruckus ZoneDirector achieve this requirement.
if I need restrict access time by setting expiration date for internal user.

Since I can't found this setting on Internal database 

Please Advise

New network deployment advice is best provided by your local VAR or Ruckus SE
whom you should please contact for greater details.