cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Ruckus Unleashed r510 losing connection (Heartbeat Loss) every 12 hours?

john_saul
New Contributor
I have a Ruckus Unleashed r510 about 7 months old. For the past several weeks I have been getting disconnected on my desktop PC using Windows 10 about every 12 hours at approximately 10:35 am and 10:35 pm EST. (AP xx.xx.xx. joins 123456 and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat loss].

I'm still getting wifi from my router on other channels and just got a new modem installed by my Internet Service Provider on Friday. What is going on and why at these times? How do I fix it?
14 REPLIES 14

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Do you have more than one AP?  Where do you see the lost heartbeat message?

Do you have any scheduled network activity, like auto backups or downloads, locally or to the Internet?

Do other clients/types get disconnected too, or only the Win10 machine?

If using Unleashed, are you on the latest version?  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1811-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-6-10-1-312-ga-refresh2-soft...

richard_beversd
New Contributor
I lose connection exactly every 12 hours as well to everything wireless.  My AP's ( 2 ) both say up for 20 days, yet when I click on online clients in the app, it shows a few minutes now since it just lost connection again at 8:26 PM.  What am I missing?  I updated firmware 20 days ago at initial install.

colin_wilde
New Contributor
We also get lost heartbeats on all of our AP's every 4 hours.  We have 27 R500's and 27 R710's.  The R710's only lose connection for a very short time, while the R500's can be off line for 5-10 mins.  This happens ever 4 hours like clockwork.  Its been happening for more than 12 months now and Ruckus support don't seem to be able to fix it.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Colin,
   What has tech support said they saw in your logs?  Everybody's AP connectivity issues should be able to be figured out by the AP support info, and a good network description. 
Always being able to find the LAN's def-gw IP is important for stability in Unleashed, but otherwise, I can't explain any AP lost heartbeat disconnects from what we're saying. 
Has anyone else opened a ticket and had their logs read?  I'd like to know too...