cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed Blocking policy

smuglar
New Contributor III

Good day

I am trying to limit all Android and iOS devices(Basically phones) from accessing the network via our R510 APs. I would also want to block usage and access of certain social apps and so far this is not working. The I have created rules as seen on the pictures on the post. The phones will gain access regardless of the rules I have set. Access to social media domains also does not work as you can see the usage pie chart on the pictures. I even used system defined rules and still nothing works when it comes to denying services to these apps and domain.

I would honestly like help with this issue, I have been manually blocking phones even thought the facility is there to monitor which devices have access to the network and block those defined. Maybe I am doing it all wrong so if anyone can help I would really grateful.

Thank you 

Application denial rule Orapa.pngAppUsage Ruckus Orapa.pngPhones denial Orapa.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Very straightforward. Just edit the Wi-if network, click ‘advanced options’ and click the Access Controls tab. You’ll find everything there. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @smuglar,

I hope you have mapped these application profiles under the WLAN's setting, if not, these will not work.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi, thank you for the response... How exactly do I go about doing that? Or is it straight forward?

Very straightforward. Just edit the Wi-if network, click ‘advanced options’ and click the Access Controls tab. You’ll find everything there. 

smuglar
New Contributor III

Well this seems to have worked and but now out of nowhere it sees a Windows laptop as an Android devices. So it has been blocked and I'm wondering if there is a way to exempt it from the rules? Also there are no firmware updates so Im hoping for a way to get around the issue.

The highlighted device is a Windows laptop and not an Android devicesThe highlighted device is a Windows laptop and not an Android devices