cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R610 ssh: Connection to host xx.xx.xx.xx port 22: Connection refused

Sjain
New Contributor

Hi Folks,

Have got the bunch of R610s with unleashed firmware 200.6.10.1.312. I was able to upgrade all but 1 router to the new firmware R610_200.13.6.1.319.bl7. When tried to do ssh, it throws an error message as below:

ssh: Connection to host xx.xx.xx.xx port 22: Connection refused

Similarly, with Telnet: Connection refused

However, I am able to connect to the GUI, and can make all the configuration changes and save, but not able to upgrade the Firmware as everything is greyed out. When tried to 'Restore to the factor setting' from the Ruckus unleashed UI, it tries endlessly, but nothing happens....

Thereafter, tried hard resetting to the default setting, which it does to 192.168.0.1, but again not able to connect thru ssh/telnet, or upgrade via unleashed UI.

Tried ssh at port 8022 also, but again connection refused. This AP is definitely not faulty, but seems to be stuck with some fixed firmware. AP is Ping-able throughout.  

Any way for me to access this AP via CLI? or to upgrade the firmware? Kindly help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Sjain 

Just to be sure, have you tried with different browser or PC, or mobile unleashed app to see if you can get the upgrade option?

If you still face the issue, probably you need to raise a support case for further assistance or RMA.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Sjain 

Can you try to factory reset by pressing the physical reset button using paper clip for 10-12 seconds and see if it works for you.

Sjain
New Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for reverting.

I did try the hard reset with the reset button. Router goes back to the 192.168.0.1 configuration but in terms of upgrade option is greyed out in the UI, and connecting thru CLI gives the same error: Connection Refused. 

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Sjain 

Just to be sure, have you tried with different browser or PC, or mobile unleashed app to see if you can get the upgrade option?

If you still face the issue, probably you need to raise a support case for further assistance or RMA.

Sjain
New Contributor

Thanks Sanjay. Tried it with the Safari, where Upgrade option was found to be active. Upgraded the firmware successfully, and am able to ssh also now. 

Thanks a ton for your help!