cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly created WiFi ssid not seen in available networks

dmoorthi
New Contributor III

Hi

i have 2 R550. My home WiFi is working fine. I decided to create a guest WiFi network. I created it and ruckus says it is active with no connections. But I am not able to see this newly created ssid WiFi in any of my devices as available WiFi network. 

I restated my APs (I do not use Icx switch). One master and client AP hardwire connected. I have a non-WiFi router just for firewall and routing. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @dmoorthi ,

A couple of information required.

• What is the current firmware version on Unleashed APs?
  • SSH into one of the APs and run below command to check if WLAN is actually deployed or not.
    • get wlanlist
    • If you are doing it in master AP, then first run
      • ap-mode
      • get wlanlist
  • Make sure SSID is not set to hidden.
  • Are you using AP groups? If yes, you may have to verify the group settings.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Glad to know it is fixed!

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

dmoorthi
New Contributor III

Omer

I will check on the version, but I have updated it to the latest version just a month or so ago. When I log in to Unleashed it says it the new guest wlan is "active". But I never set it to be hidden. Not exactly sure where this option would be. But will try to poke around. Not very technically savy to ssh in to the AP.. :).

Thanks for your input though. I will update.

@dmoorthi

Download any terminal app like "putty" (a simple google search all you need to do. "How to install and use putty to SSH"). Once downloaded, run it and use the AP IP address and username/password to login into CLI of the AP.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

dmoorthi
New Contributor III

@syamantak_omer 

Thanks for the information about putty. Looks like we should be able to accomplish most of the common tasks using the web browser log in, in to the master AP.