cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for 200.10.10.5.229 Feedback

daniel_m
Contributor

Hello community!

So is anyone here running 200.10.10.5.229 at home with great success?  I'm considering upgrading for the latest security fixes and to be on the "latest and greatest," but I am a bit worried about bringing too much "ruckus" to my home network in the form of incompatibilities due to too much IoT and other legacy wireless devices.

So, anyone here with a varied home network have "200.10.10.5.229" Just Work with no issues or have seen it improve things?

Cheers.

20 REPLIES 20

jp
New Contributor III

Good point. I will try 200.10.10.5.229 with 802.11r disabled and come back.

jp
New Contributor III

Yep, that's it: I disabled 802.11r and iPads are happy again.

@joachim_posegga I guess let us know if you run into any side effects as a result of disabling 11r. I understand it is supposed to help speed up roaming between APs, but I'm not certain how relevant it is today.

jp
New Contributor III

Well, I guess it's indeed not very relevant, since applications can handle network interruptions these days. Unfortunately I am not a good Guinea Pig with only 2 APs :-), but I will report observations.

raymond_lau_740
New Contributor III

802.11r speeds up reauthentication. When a client moves between APs, it needs to re-authenticate. 802.11r provides preauthorized key caching to reduce the amount of protocol handshakes upon reauthentication.

The benefit is much more noticeable on 802.11x (e.g. radius) authentication than for a fixed password key.  Also, it is more relevant for real time traffic (Voice calling? Zoom?).