cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue with Laserjet MFP M283fdw

fredrik_kenmo
New Contributor II
Hi All, same install I have been referring to lately with the r550 challenges. I have got it somewhat stable now and will try updated firmware as it becomes available (200.10 next). However, I have a new Laserjet connected to the r550 unleashed network. It works, but after a while the connection drops - it isn't discovered for Airprint and WebUI inaccessible. Realized today, that if I use the troubleshooting function and force a reconnect service is restored. 
Below is the exchange I see in instances when the printer is unreachable, after I let this run access to the printer is restored. Noticed that the printer is sporting a N-radio, but with limited means of configuration apart from selecting 2,4Ghz, 5 or both. 

Any ideas as to what might be going on, or things to try?!
Image_ images_messages_605a5a93f92de007bb145f1f_cf4fb9817639dec34f616a0e2156df63_wifiexchange-624579d0-525e-41da-98d4-765376ff5cc9-586213517.png

17 REPLIES 17

Zuul
New Contributor III

I wonder if this is related to the (possible) multicast issue on the topic I started here - https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/conversations/ruckus-unleashed/how-to-make-no-qos-directedmulticas...

It's a Sonos-focused thread but I discovered that my AirPrint printer wasn't available either. Maybe try running the commands in the OP of that thread and see if it resolves your issue?

@derek_fong thanks for the reminder! This could very much be the case, I have the multicast setting enabled in this installlation - but have noticed periodic reboots of APs ([AP Restart:application reboot]). Perhaps this will cause the setting to default back to disabled. Will check!

@derek_fong sorry late with my response, but wanted to (finally) confirm your suspicion. I will update another thread that also seems to be in play. The commands you refer to, I had made those changes previously. However, due to the intermittent issue of reboots of the r550 APs, the settings somehow get "lots" - it was saved. Reissuing the commands resolves the issue, but it has since resurfaced again after said reboots.