cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue with Laserjet MFP M283fdw

fredrik_kenmo
New Contributor II
Hi All, same install I have been referring to lately with the r550 challenges. I have got it somewhat stable now and will try updated firmware as it becomes available (200.10 next). However, I have a new Laserjet connected to the r550 unleashed network. It works, but after a while the connection drops - it isn't discovered for Airprint and WebUI inaccessible. Realized today, that if I use the troubleshooting function and force a reconnect service is restored. 
Below is the exchange I see in instances when the printer is unreachable, after I let this run access to the printer is restored. Noticed that the printer is sporting a N-radio, but with limited means of configuration apart from selecting 2,4Ghz, 5 or both. 

Any ideas as to what might be going on, or things to try?!
Image_ images_messages_605a5a93f92de007bb145f1f_cf4fb9817639dec34f616a0e2156df63_wifiexchange-624579d0-525e-41da-98d4-765376ff5cc9-586213517.png

17 REPLIES 17

antoine_hannema
New Contributor II

I've had a similar issue on a HP M570DW wlan printer. I changed from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA2 only and the problem was gone.

@Syamantak Omer: Do you have WPA2/WPA3 enabled in the wlan?

Hi @antoine_hannemann,

I am not facing this issue. I think your comment was destined for @fredrik_kenmo .

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

You're absolutely right; thank you

@antoine_hannemann thanks for sharing! I need to verify the current setting for that SSID. I did change it around in the quest to root out the (general) connectivity issues experienced in this r550 install. Will definitely check and test it out! Thanks! 

@antoine_hannemann sorry, forgot to post the update. Unfortunately, I already had the SSID set to WPA2. My quest will have to continue 🙂 For some reason, it seems worse now. Airprint clients rarely find the printer - if at all. I managed to upgrade the printer to latest firmware, but no improvement. Will try to get a better understanding for how to collect logs and if possible even capture traffic to figure out what is going on - or not going on 😉