cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue with Laserjet MFP M283fdw

fredrik_kenmo
New Contributor II
Hi All, same install I have been referring to lately with the r550 challenges. I have got it somewhat stable now and will try updated firmware as it becomes available (200.10 next). However, I have a new Laserjet connected to the r550 unleashed network. It works, but after a while the connection drops - it isn't discovered for Airprint and WebUI inaccessible. Realized today, that if I use the troubleshooting function and force a reconnect service is restored. 
Below is the exchange I see in instances when the printer is unreachable, after I let this run access to the printer is restored. Noticed that the printer is sporting a N-radio, but with limited means of configuration apart from selecting 2,4Ghz, 5 or both. 

Any ideas as to what might be going on, or things to try?!
Image_ images_messages_605a5a93f92de007bb145f1f_cf4fb9817639dec34f616a0e2156df63_wifiexchange-624579d0-525e-41da-98d4-765376ff5cc9-586213517.png

17 REPLIES 17

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Fredrik,

A packet capture and AP logs will help to find out why client is dropping. For that, its better you log a case with support.

Since this is a WiFi6/802.11ax AP, you can also try disabling ax mode and see if this stabilize the connection.

• Login to the AP cli and execute following command to verify the current mode of the AP:

rkscli: get mode wifi1   (or wifi0 for 2.4)
wifi1 Mode: 11ahe
OK

• The ahe mode shows that the AP is operational at ax rates. To change the current mode to AC, use following command:

rkscli: set mode wifi1 11ac  (or wifi0 for 2.4)

• Verify the mode change using following CLI:

rkscli: get mode wifi1  (or wifi0 for 2.4)
wifi1 Mode: 11ac
OK

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hello @syamantak_omer , the r550s (three of them) are already set to AC-mode. Would you be able to shed some light on your recommended process for capturing packages in this scenario and also the gathering/parsing APs logs - as per my question in the thread?
Many thanks,

Fredrik

Hi Fredrik,

Please refer the below article.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000002607

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanks @Symantek_omer , will take a look! 🙂