cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple CNA not working 200.2

michael_grant_6
Contributor II
Just updated an Unleashed network to 200.2. The guest network is no longer bringing up the authentication screen on Apple devices, users are forced to open a web browser which can cause confusion and unsatisfactory guest experience. I've tried checking if there is a bypass Apple CNA option like on ZD managed networks but I can't find anything.

Can anyone replicate this problem?
7 REPLIES 7

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The purpose of Apple CNA is to prevent the pre-browser "thingy" of Apples, that does not trigger WebAuth authentication correctly.

I did some digging myself. According to 200.2 Release Notes Known Issues:

"The pre-launch browser is not appearing when the Bypass Apple CNA feature is disabled for WISPr and Guest Access authentication. This means that users will have to launch a Safari browser window to be able to complete guest authentication. [UN-444]"

Michael Brado, any idea when this known bug is going to be fixed? This has quite an impact on the guest user experience. 

michael_grant_6
Contributor II
Right...which I don't want to "prevent". Tpically there is an option to bypass Apple cna or not, but I don't see the option to enable/disable. In 200.1 when I connected to guest network, it promptly brought up authentication page without having to launch safari, which is my intended behavior.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Sorry I didn't recall that Release Note caveat.

Please open a ticket with our Tech Support, and cite the UN-444 bug and your business impact,
so the Priority gets raised.  That is the best way to get visibility into the developers, to get a 200.2
refresh/patch build asap.  Thank you.