cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200.15 Unleashed - HomePod minis cannot join the network after upgrade

Squozen
Contributor III

Hi, I’ve noticed that as soon as I installed 200.15 (on an R750/R650 Unleashed network), my HomePod minis couldn’t connect to the network. When I rolled back to 200.14, they had no problem. I don’t see anything obvious in the patch notes that suggest this is expected behaviour. Can anybody corroborate before I log a bug report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Everyone,

We are able to reproduce the issue in house and working on the fix.
Can everyone confirm if you disable 802.11r and still facing the issue?

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Homepod mini and HomePod Gen2, iOS 17.2 will not connect. iPhone 15, appleTV will connect

WPA3 auth, 802.11r and 802.11k are both enabled. Wifi6 is turned on. The WLAN is 5Ghz radio only.

also tried 

WPA2 auth, 802.11r and 802.11k are both disabled. Wifi6 is turned off. The WLAN has both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios on

paride
New Contributor II

I'm also having issues after upgrading to 200.15. What I observe on a Thinkpad laptop with a Qualcomm QCNFA765 WiFi-6 card is:

• It associates with no problems and I can ping the gateway (or the AP) with no issue
  • As soon as there is some traffic on WiFi, the connections gets stuck, with no packages getting through for several second. The station (laptop) does not disassociate, it just fails to exchange any packet.

Apparently disabling WiFi-6 on the AP (in the WLAN advanced settings) makes the connection stable again. I have older WiFi5 clients, and those are also not affected.

@knozturk or other affected users: maybe you could try disabling WiFi 6 and report your findings? This may help debugging.

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi All,

I'm working on this issue, can one of you provide me the below logs which will be easier for us to diagnose the issue?

1. Go to Administration >> Diagnostics >> Debug Info >> Check the "Enable Debug Components >> Select all the components >> Click on Apply >> . If you have more APs, then just enable below components.

sanjay_kumar_0-1705891803990.png

2. Try connecting the client and reproduce the issue.
3. Go to Administration >> Diagnostics >> Client troubleshooting >> Locate the client >> And click on Start.

sanjay_kumar_1-1705892425883.png

4. Once the issue is reproduces, click Stop and Click on Export icon.
5. Go back to Debug Logs tab, click on Save debug logs.

Please share both the files so that we can check.

I have debug logs but don't see any option to attach them here. Where should I send them?

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Also, if you have any case opened, let me know the case number so that I can communicate with you from there.