cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius server unreachable events

david_henderson
Contributor II
vSZ version 5.2.0.0.699 with 411 R710s APs on campus. Every few days we are getting a bunch of radius server unreachable events. What is odd is the details of the event do not even point to our radius server. All events are reported like this

AP [Int301@F8:E7:1E:2A:A4:40] is unable to reach radius server [127.0.0.1].

Of course 127.0.0.1 is not our radius server. We are using Cloudpath as our radius server. Our wifi is rock solid so there are no other symptoms other than a rash of these events every few days.

Any ideas what causes this?
63 REPLIES 63

sui_sui
New Contributor
Anyone has an update about this? Or has anyone a case open with Ruckus? We're also having the same issue in 5.2.1 release

Vineet_nejwala
Hello Everyone,

On 5.2.0 we have an issue where Radius proxy service hangs or sends incomplete config causing the trouble, as a workaround (for immediate effect) reloading the radiusproxy service resolves the issue. Kindly open a TAC ticket since we have a patch available for 5.2.0 to resolve this issue, whereas on 5.2.1 I see an internal ticket already opened with engineering for Radius server unreachable event hence please open a ticket with Radiusproxy debug logs to validate if you are facing the same.

To open a ticket please reach out to below :

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards
Vineet

Hi Vineet.

Our customer had experienced similar symptom.

Is there a patch?

Can you let me know ER-number?

Regards.

Hi Vineet,

This is a serious impact, please make the patch available!

Thanks!

Hi Raymond/Jeronimo,

Please open the support case to better understand your problem and accordingly support can advise the fix or can troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn