cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ & vSZ-D Tunnel mode not broadcasting SSID

kristphr
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have both vSZ & Data Plane instances installed. I have an issue where when enabled in tunnel mode, it stops broadcasting the SSID for some strange reason. However when I do disable the tunneling method in vSZ - the AP starts to broadcast the SSID again. I have these instances installed on a bare metal @ a colocation center.

Any ideas about what it could be? I read a post on here about doing the:

get tunnelmgr

However I'm not entirely sure what it is that I'm looking for in this output. It says on that post that the AP may not be able to see the controller when doing data plane functionality? 

I'm currently running this environment in Essentials mode. 

15 REPLIES 15

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

SSID isn't broadcasted, because connection to vDP is not established. I am quit sure that it is some firewall or routing issue. 

@eizens_putnins 

I have the port forwards for this. in the above reply. Any ideas what else it could be? 

vSZ: 192.168.8.7

vDP (ctrl): 192.168.8.10

vDP (mgmt): 192.168.9

is this setup not advisable? I see where a lot of the data is on an entirely separate network. 

For your SSID to work, you need 2 separate things to happen:

AP must establish SSH tunnel to vSZ (for management)

AP must establish tunnel to vDP (for SSID traffic)

So what is the status of AP? Is it shown in vSZ as online? If yes, than SSH tunnel to vSz is established. I suppose, it is 

But tunnel for SSID data is not established, and seems that it shows wrong IP (tunnel can't be established to internal IP, it must show routed IP). Do you have configured external IP in vDP configuration? It is neccessary same way, as external IP for vSZ. 

David
RUCKUS Team Member

Try these pings to discard a networking issue:

1. Inside vSZ-D CLI, ping the GW of DATA Interface using -I <DATA interface IP address>   --- > ping -I 192.168.8.1
  2. Inside AP CLI, try to ping the default GW
  3. Inside AP CLI, try to ping GW of DATA interface. -- > ping 102.168.8.1
  4. Inside AP CLI, try to ping DATA interface. -- > ping 192.168.8.10

kristphr
New Contributor III

@david_saez 

On the vDP, I'm able to ping the GW. 

I'm on the AP CLI, however I'm connected to via the DHCP sever (on premises where the AP is) and I'm unable to ping the internal GW (remote GW where vSZ/vDP is), I can ping the NAT IP.