cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ 5.2.0.0.669 and clients in default vlan when passing vlan from Radius

dave_watkins_74
Contributor
Is anyone else seeing clients intermitently being put into the default vlan on an SSID that using Dynamic VLAN's supplied from Radius?

I've had a couple of reports of this occuring now. The radius logs show it's supplying the correct vlan when the client authenticates. However, possibly when roaming, the client will sometimes drop into the default vlan instead. This is disruptive as it involves an IP change and different security settings.

I'm just about to try reverting the AP firmware back to 5.1 to see if that fixes it as we didn't have this problem on 5.1 (or at least it wasn't reported). Just wondering if anyone else has seen it
6 REPLIES 6

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Dave,

Did you get this issue resolved?

I'd be very grateful if you could let me know please.

Best regards,
Darrel.

dave_watkins_74
Contributor
No, we had to roll back to 5.1.2 for other reasons and so I never chased it as I no longer had a platform to test with.

Sadly I think this was the final straw for us using GA releases. From now on I think we'll be waiting for MR releases before upgrading even if that means not buying new AP's. It would be _really_ nice if Ruckus would release firmware patches for new AP's for the previous MR release version when launching new AP's

steve_therrien_
New Contributor
We are running 5.2.1.0.515 and I still see clients put on the default VLAN when roaming instead of the dynamic assigned one. Are there any specific settings to keep the dynamic assigned VLAN when roaming? I've checked and could not find anything which makes me believe that this is bug.

austin_brashear
New Contributor
I upgraded to 5.2 over the summer from 5.1. I'm seeing some clients get put into the default vlan when roaming as well.