cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartzone 100 managed ap

vincent_voo
New Contributor III
Hi all,

Want to ask question about Smartzone 100.
If I have 1500 ap need to be managed by Smartzone 100 so I need to purchase at least 2 Smartzone 100 for clustering mode to handle all of the 1500 aps ?
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks both, Syamantak and Sanjay, I didn't know about this.
I know this is Vincent's post, but I'd like to ask one more thing.
Is there a specific setting to achieve this? Once we had a scenario with a 2-node cluster but the limit was 1024 APs or at least that's what I thought. Maybe that was my bad, assuming this and I didn't double checked the AP capacity limit.

No, there is no specific setting, just configure first SZ100 as a fresh cluster and then add the second SZ100 to it.

Make sure you have sufficient AP licenses.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

if i have a single SZ100 only and i am adding another SZ100 for redundency do i need to purchase liscences again for the second controller?

Hi Adil,

AP licenses are not required on second controller because SZ100 in a cluster uses the AP license from the available cluster AP pool.

For example, if I have 100 AP licenses mapped to SZ100-1 and later If I add another SZ100 (SZ100-2) to cluster, total capacity will remain 100 AP for this cluster. Means I can connect 100 APs to this SZ100x2 cluster.

Though you should purchase support contract for second SZ100, as future upgrade are not possible without support contract for each SZ-100.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

vincent_voo
New Contributor III
Hi Syamantak and Javier,

Thank you for the advice.