cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum nr of days you can go back in history when calling 'event/list' api end point.

nardus_grobler
New Contributor II
Hi All, 

I have a a quick question regarding the API. 

What is the maximum nr of days you can go back in history when calling 'event/list' api end point. 

I have been trying to go back 3 month but only ever seem to get the last 2 weeks worth of events. 

The End Point documentation is very good, but description on what param are available on those, I can't seem to find  

Any help would be appreciated.  
5 REPLIES 5

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Nardus,

I guess you can only pull the reports stored on the controller.

Log details depends on the system resources (CPU and memory) that the virtual machine running the vSCG has. The vSCG is capable of automatically storing a higher number of log messages if there is sufficient CPU and memory on the virtual machine.
At a certain level, vSCG will start deleting the oldest entries to make room for the newest.

The log entry does not depend on the date, it is the number of the entries.

Please check the below link and refer from the page 36 for the "Preserved Logs" which tells us the max entries the controller can store depending on the capacity.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2958-smartzone-5-1-2-0-302-mr2-release-notes/download

nardus_grobler
New Contributor II
Hi Sanjay, 

If I understand you correctly then the vSCG only keeps the events, i.e roaming, connected, disconnected etc until it runs out of memory then starts to delete the older ones, so there is no set time frame that they are kept for? 

Kind Regards

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Nardus,

Yes, it is the number of entries that is counted. There is no time limit set.

nardus_grobler
New Contributor II
Hi Sanjay, 

Thank you very much, last question, I see in the docs you sent, that for the sVZ Essentials, it will only store up to a max op 10K events?  I am currently pulling around 280K, it will go over that max if the resources allow it to?