cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have VSZ and ZD in the same building, how do I make a device persist in just one controller?

cesar_murilo
New Contributor II
Some AP's are old, so they cannot be migrated from ZD to VSZ. And in a building where, on the third floor there is an AP with VSZ, users are reporting instability in the connection. I found that these users are taking over the controller, sometimes taking VSZ on the same floor, sometimes opening a session on the ZD, of the AP on the second floor. My boss asked me to return all APs to the ZD, but I am not able to downgrade the firmware, a message appears that something is not enabled and the ZD with the new firmware does not recognize the AP.
3 REPLIES 3

tamer_morcos
New Contributor III
Simple way to use switches vlan, get the old model ap in vlan x where the ZD LAN untagged to same vlan x, all new ap's need to be in vlan Y where the vsz also untagged to same vlan Y, so now each ap's will go to won controller

tamer_morcos
New Contributor III
Also make sure to send the command set scg ip for each ap so the AP go back to the correct controller

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Or you might have to re-flash your AP with a Solo image, and give it 'set director ip a.b.c.d' command (to point to a ZD).