cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual vsz agent.

andrus_obukak
New Contributor
Is virtual vsz have also somekind agent like system so that cluster is in my datacenter and in customer site i have agent that that collects information and do other tasks?
4 REPLIES 4

Ankush_Chandan
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Andrus,

Can you elaborate the tasks you would like to perform with the agent?

Regards,
-Ankush

andrus_obukak
New Contributor

I need to monitor APś example but because controller is accsessible over internet then monitoring giving lot false positive and i susbect that some network problem may be caused also because trouble APś to connect controller some time.

Ankush_Chandan
RUCKUS Team Member
Thanks for clarification. Your requirement can be fulfilled by Ruckus SCI. It offers following features in general and lot more:

FEATURES:
• Pre-packaged and customizable reports, dashboards and correlations
• Granular drill-down capability—to the level of individual sessions, clients and access points
• Predictive analytics powered by machine learning
• Three-year data storage capacity for up to 100,000 access points and millions of clients
• Open APIs for integration with network management and business intelligence systems

https://ruckus-www.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/datasheets/ds-smartcell-insight.pdf

Regards,
-Ankush

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
The VSZ, which is basically a centralized configuration and management system, also support SNMP v2 and v3 for remote monitoring and can be configured to send SNMP trap for alarm notification.  You an also configure SMTP to email alarms.  This can allow 3rd party tools to provide near real time monitoring of the SZ system.

The vSZ also supports a comprehensive API interface that allows customized applications to gather data and make configuration changes.  This is the best interface for retrieving large amounts of data.

The architecture of the vSZ was designed to have the controller centrally located in a Data Center or NOC with Access Points distributed over long distances.  Many applications, that do not need the SZ to provide authentication, will operate if the AP cannot communicate to the SZ allowing robust remote AP operation.

The SZ WEB-UI interface does provide monitoring and reporting but Data on the SZ is always delayed as it's based on timed status updates from the AP's, so it is not a real time monitoring system.  It also keeps only a few days of Data.  The SCI system allows for long term data gathering for analysis so it's a great tool to add to your system.