cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low 5Ghz band connections ?

philip_francis1
Contributor
Hello, I am seeing a small amount of users on our 802.11AC network connecting to very low 5Ghz channels e.g. 36 or 44. These users are seeing much slower connection results that the vast majority of users who connect to higher channels e.g. 108 and 149.
I have had a look through the Qualcomm NIC settings however there does not seem to any way to prevent these laptops connecting to the lower 5Ghz channels.

Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening ?
3 REPLIES 3

paul_mcguire_20
Contributor
In smartzone you can select what channels are used. The lower channels may have some interference leading to poor performance.

philip_francis1
Contributor
Thank you, Can this interference be caused by other overlapping Ruckus access points that are part of our network i.e. do Ruckus APs interfere amongst themselves ?
Because apart from our Ruckus APs there are no other interference emitting devices on this channel or in the vicinity.

paul_mcguire_20
Contributor
It is possible. What channel width are you running. I had a similar problem where I was using 80mhz channels and there were only 6 non-over lapping channels. Reducing it to 40mhz channels and now I have 12 channels to use and performance is actually better without as much interface.