cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSZ - Active Directory and Default Group Attribute Value

david_lynas
New Contributor III
Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone has got their VSZ setup with a WLAN that users log into the web authentication using accounts from Active Directory. 

I had this set up p[perfectly with the ZoneDirector but can't seem to get it to work with the VSZ. 

The Admin Guide i have says I can set the default Group Attribute Value when configuring the Roles, but that option is not there. The option is there how ever when I configure a Proxy AAA, but when testing, the results return Primary server success but do not list the group (which I've read it should). When logging into the WLAN I can an Invalid username or password message.

Has anyone got this kind of setup working. I have a case open, just looking to see if people have the same issue.

Thanks.
26 REPLIES 26

david_lynas
New Contributor III
This could be down to two issues, a) Either your group attributes arent working and everyone is getting the role of "default" and has access to all WLANs or b) In the vsz you have to select one of the wlans when selecting which wlans a role can use where as you didnt have to select one in the zone director software.

tim_hobson
New Contributor III
I'd be interested to see if this and been resolved as i'm having the exact same problem. I have a vSZ and 22 R510 APs sat waiting to replace a 1100 controller and 20 7363 APs but the 1100 just works and i feel that i've laid out a load of money to go backwards on functionality. Here's my thread with what we have at the moment https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/vsz-3-5-roles-with-web-auth-limit-ad-groups-...

Why cant Ruckus just keep features in that are actually useful!

david_lynas
New Contributor III
It was ment to be resolved with a firmware update that was ment to come out at the end of Feburary according to the person at ruckus thats looking after the case for me. I haven't heard from him since december but you have reminded me to get incontact and get an update!

Did you manage to get an update from Ruckus?

tim_hobson
New Contributor III
Ha, false promises, that's a good start. 

Would you be able to update this thread when you've heard back, i'm keen to get my setup in next week / week after as that's a maintenance window for us otherwise it's going to be the end of May.