cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartzone 104 Factory Reset problem

BLangley
New Contributor

Hello! I have two Smart zone 104 controllers, they are in the same cluster. I needed to reset the first controller to factory settings, I turned off the controller, pressed the F/D button and turned it on, at first the status indicator flashed red, but after 10 seconds it started flashing green, after that the link on the port disappeared and is still flashing. I tried to connect via the console, when booting I was given that CentOS 7 was booting, after booting it asks me for localhost login, I tried all logins, but none came up. What should I do? So far, everything is working on the second Smartozne controller

9 REPLIES 9

1. I didn’t quite understand where to watch the version. The cluster (Control Plane Software Version) was version 5.2.2.0.1040, the same as on the second controller. But there is also a version that is listed in the side menu at the very bottom (System Info) 5.2.2.0.1116, which one I don’t know is correct.

2. Yes, of course you can. There was a power surge, the UPS was already old and it failed, two controllers turned off. When I tried to turn it on, only one of the two controllers started up. That's why I tried to reset the controller, I thought it would help.

dk1075
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi BLangley,

Thank you for your response.

I would suggest opening a TAC case by attaching the Controller console logs and we would probably process RMA for the affected device.

Please use the below link to open a new TAC case.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Can't this be done without an RMA?

Maiko
New Contributor

Good morning. I have the same problem after an electrical failure.Can you help me?

BLangley
New Contributor

I have not yet solved this problem myself, they offer to return it under warranty, but this does not suit me