cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartZone 100 ,portal ,I have to re-authenticate every 10 days

zhe_gao
New Contributor II
I have a device which is Smartzone100 and any other APs. After portal authentication is configured, I need to re-authenticate every 10 days. The user session and grace period settings have been adjusted to the maximum value. Is there any way to allow me to authenticate once every 30 days or a longer period of time? There is another question, what is the detailed difference between user session and grace period? can anyone help me with a case, thanks
4 REPLIES 4

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please refer below artilce which explains differenace betweeen the two.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000005878

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thank you very much for your help. I have found this link before, but I can't open it,the webpage keeps prompting errors..Can you open it  and send the screenshot here, thank you very much.
Image_ images_messages_5f91c484135b77e247acae52_1a6ae7971ce42fb344a38f71a598eb93_RackMultipart20191223739331wgk-a2431501-b8f7-45cb-814e-6d8bf3f759bf-1569147779.png1577125544

This is an premium content, so if you dont have prvmium support, then cannot access the premium content.

If you have premium access and still not able to access the page, please log a case with Ruckus support to fix it.

For your referance, please refer below details to understand session timout vs Grace Period:

Session timeout is how long the client can access the Internet via Hotspot WLAN after login. This setting cannot be disabled.

When client logins via Hotspot, AP gets the session start time from controller and counts session expiration time.

AP will disconnect client and client will be required to login again if session timeout period is reached.

For Example: Client logins to Hotspot at 9AM. Session timeout is 35 minutes.  They will be disconnected at 9:35AM.
The client needs to login again after it reconnects to AP.

Grace Period information: If client disconnects from AP at 9:10AM and reconnects to WLAN after 9:11AM, they need to login again.
They do not need to login again if they reconnect to AP before the end of the (1 minute) Grace Period, or by 9:11AM.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thank you very much for your help, now I understand the difference between the two