cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS not working with new vSZ 5.2???

john_krussaniot
New Contributor III
I currently have a ZoneDirector 3050 which is setup to use RADIUS and it works perfectly. I am trying to configure a new Virtual SmartZone 5.2 that I setup using Hyper-V connect using RADIUS as well, but RADIUS keeps failing. I have tried to replicate the similar settings I have on the ZD3050 but it constantly fails. Has anyone ran into this issue and resolved it successfully?  I'm thinking there are some settings i'm missing somewhere, but I feel like I have tried everything. 
33 REPLIES 33

kelly_briene
New Contributor
vSZ version 5.2.0.0.699 with 411 R710s APs on campus. Every few days we are getting a bunch of radius server unreachable events. What is odd is the details of the event do not even point to our radius server. shareit app vidmate

Same issue here. I got multiple notifications from the vSZ every day.

"Authentication Server [192.168.3.2] not reachable from Radius Proxy [192.168.3.3] on Virtual SmartZone [32.111.98.106]"

I am 99% sure the authentication servers are reachable, because it sits in the same network and same physical location. (And our monitoring says it OK)

Note that the IP "32.111.98.106" looks totally random to me. This is NOT our IP, nor from the virtual smartzone.

I hoped that updating the vSZ high scale from 5.2.0.x to 5.2.1.0.515 would fix the issue, but sadly it didn't...

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
HI john.

Did this problem resolve?

If not, which mode of vsz( vsz-e or vsz-h) did you deploy?

This point is important.

having same problem on sz104 firmware 5.2.2.0.317