cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS not working with new vSZ 5.2???

john_krussaniot
New Contributor III
I currently have a ZoneDirector 3050 which is setup to use RADIUS and it works perfectly. I am trying to configure a new Virtual SmartZone 5.2 that I setup using Hyper-V connect using RADIUS as well, but RADIUS keeps failing. I have tried to replicate the similar settings I have on the ZD3050 but it constantly fails. Has anyone ran into this issue and resolved it successfully?  I'm thinking there are some settings i'm missing somewhere, but I feel like I have tried everything. 
33 REPLIES 33

Hi, we are using Ruckus vSZ (5.2) and Radius (Windows NPS) on both Hyper-V and VMWare and it's working.
You cannot use 5.2 version and proxy your requests through SmartZone because there is some bug currently in that release (https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/radius-server-unreachable-events).

So you have to use non-proxy if you are on 5.2 at least.
If you still need help you can contact me on Teams (anders.grandt(at)qsys.se).

sunny_wilson
New Contributor
That video doesn't help my issue. I've watched it 20 times. 9xmovies The only Connection Request Policy which communicates with my Virtual SmartZone is when I create a Condition for "Client IPv4 Address". Which is great to see the green "Success" display during testing in vSZ, but it returns with "None group is associated with this user.". tubemate , mobdro ?

michael_carty_7
New Contributor
Was there any resolution to this issue? I am having the same issue with a virtual Smartzone controller. 

zoran_nisevic
New Contributor
I am having the same issue with a virtual Smartzone controller too.

intern_beheer
New Contributor II
Hi all,

We had the same problem, even AAA tests in the vSZ (5.2) failed.

I have a possible solution:

- At the radius server, make sure your account matches the current network policy (Policies > Network Policies > Select your network policy > Conditions). If you have used the NPS wizard to setup network policies, it will create a condition: NAS port type "Wireless - IEEE 802.11". Remove this one if this exist. Select a user group (For example security group "Domain users") or another condition it should match.
- After that, restart all your smartzones (software- or hardware appliances doesn't matter).
- The AAA test in the vSZ should now pass and you should be able to connect to the the wifi network with 802.1x as authentication type.