cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R500 not joining Virtual Smart Zone

WiFiCraig95
New Contributor

I am trying to add some R500 APs to a vSZ. The vSZ is running 6.1.2. I know this isn't compatible with the R500s so I have set up a zone for the R500s with 5.2.2 as the firmware version and set up an assignment rule using provision tags to assign the APs to this Zone. However I still can't seem to get the APs to join the vSZ.

I have gone onto the APs CLI and added the provision tag in and set the scg IP to the smart zone. I have done this with a T300 and that worked straight away, appeared in the correct zone and changed its firmware to 5.2.2 but I am having trouble getting the R500s to work.

Any ideas to help me get the APs into the vSZ would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ms264556
Contributor II

I'm sure Ruckus employees will chip in once they're awake, but since I just added a bunch of R600s to my vSZ...

Do the APs perhaps have old certificates? ZoneDirector doesn't enforce AP certificate checks (just shows the AP as "Old Ruckus PKI Signed") so many used R500/R600 APs I've bought still have the old certificates.

I don't particularly care whether my APs have valid certificates, so I've just disabled the AP certificate check: ruckus(config)# no ap-cert-check 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ms264556
Contributor II

I'm sure Ruckus employees will chip in once they're awake, but since I just added a bunch of R600s to my vSZ...

Do the APs perhaps have old certificates? ZoneDirector doesn't enforce AP certificate checks (just shows the AP as "Old Ruckus PKI Signed") so many used R500/R600 APs I've bought still have the old certificates.

I don't particularly care whether my APs have valid certificates, so I've just disabled the AP certificate check: ruckus(config)# no ap-cert-check 

Thanks!

I have disabled the AP certificate check in the vSZ and that has worked perfectly!

R500s are now showing up in the SmartZone

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @WiFiCraig95 

You can try the step @ms264556 has mentioned.
If you still have issues, then we might look into the Provisional settings you have done along with the AP log for the cause. I would suggest you to open a support case.