cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGRATE AP FROM SMARTZONE TO DIFFERENT SMARTZONE

darwin_barredo
New Contributor II
Hi Guys is there any ways to migrate the multiple ap from smartzone to diffrent smartzone? i know we can use remote ap-cli  but it is for single ap only. 

NOTE : the version of the controller is 5.1.2 so we cannot use AP CLI SCRIPTS ALSO
19 REPLIES 19

timothy_kamps
New Contributor III
Which would be the best option for migrating over 100+ APs (MSP with different customers and different sites across country) from Essentials to High Scale? I can replicate the settings in the new High Scale SZ prior to migration.

Thanks!
Tim

darwin_barredo
New Contributor II
Hello guys thank you for your suggestions, i was able to move the AP's to different Zone director using "switch over cluster" feature thank you  Anusha ! 

Anusha_Vemula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Great to hear that, Darwin.

Have a nice day!

-Anusha

johnny_loh
New Contributor II

Is there a switchover cluster function in 3.62? I am trying to move legacy Aps to a 5.2 cluster from a 3.6 cluster. For some legacy reasons I cannot upgrade the 3.62 yet. 

The 5.2 cluster was upgraded from another 3.6 cluster. hence a zone based on 3.6 can be created.

fredrik_yderflt
New Contributor

We use a combination of 2 BASH-scripts in linux combined with an IP-list that executes the following commands;
IE. 1st script contains login-information to the APs and calls the IP-list (txt-file one IP per row, which then calls the second script that executes the commands. 

set scg fullreset

set scg ip [IP-adress1,IP-adress2,.....]
exit

This works flawlessly in 95% of the cases on first attempt, AP´s not migrating to the new controller, we simply run it again with a new IP-list. 

Worst case if something has not come over successfullyt we do it manually. Migrated 900+ AP´s with this script in batches of 20 aps´s per batch. Did not take to much time. 

We use the same method to for instance set tunnelmgr IP´s and so on depending on what dataplane we want to put workload on.