cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License VSZ

muhammad_azhar_
New Contributor

Hi,

I just want to install VSZ in my office. after that I saw VSZ has many versions and the newest version is 5.2. What I want to ask is whether the license I bought supports version 5.2? or support for another version like just 3.0 version? I have a license L09-VSCG-WW00, S01-VSCG-5L00, L09-0001-SG00, S0-0001-5LSG.

Thanks and Regards,

7 REPLIES 7

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Hi, license is the same from version 3.0+. As pre-3.0 versions are 5 years old, you obviously have new license. Part number are also correct. So you can install 3.62 or 5.2, as you wish. 3.62 has less new features, but also much less bags, but 5.2 also works well enough and have a lot of new nice enhancements.

If you have latest APs (R550/650/850) or want to manage switches, you need to use 5.2.

Hope it helps.

Hi @eizens_putnins 

I want to ask about the MAC address filter on VSZ, how many is the maximum Mac address filter that can be registered on vSZ 5.2.1 version?

Thanks,

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Muhammad,

Support and AP licenses will be mapped to the vSZ's serial number, so it doesn't matter on what version your vSZ is. License and support will work on any version of vSZ.

If you have ICX switches as well in your network or if you are planning to add them in near future, install vSZ on 5.1.2. If you don't have ICX switches, you may install 3.6.2 version. Latest version is 5.2.1.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi @syamantak_omer,

I want to ask about the MAC address filter on VSZ, how many is the maximum Mac address filter that can be registered on vSZ 5.2.1 version?

Thanks,