cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include a space in search on SZ Event logs

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II

I'm trying to run a search to include only events that include "Same LAN" but the search returns results that include the word "Same" OR "LAN".  Is there a way to search only for results that include "Same" AND "LAN" with a space between them?

I'm trying to work around a broken malicious rogue reporting mechanism that we're working through a long term support case on.   These logs are showing in the events but the rogue monitoring page doesnt seem to include Same LAN malicious rogues and lists these as a rogue with no policy rule matched.

5 REPLIES 5

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

HI @Greg_WiGuy,

You can use the search filter in the below format, like I have done in the example screenshot, it will give you result for AND operation.

Search filter used = "Abnormal" "Termination"

vijaykuniyal_0-1658433501617.png

In your example search filter will contain "Same" "LAN".

This filter will give you data results with space or any different word between them, as in below example.

Search filter used= "Abnormal" "Administrative"

vijaykuniyal_2-1658433954579.png

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

Thank you for the response @vijaykuniyal but it does not allow me to get the results where I want to only return "Same LAN" with the space between these two words.  I'm guessing there is some replacement "code" I need to use to include the space in the query for whatever the underlying filter software is.

For example, in all the ways I've tried, results include "Same" or "LAN" which does not help.  I'm looking to return only results in which these two words are together.

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Greg_WiGuy,

May I know the firmware version of your SZ/vSZ, and any screenshot of the query for reference.

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

Hi Vijay,
I'm running SZ v6.1.0.0.935.  Please DM me and I'll get some screenshots over to you as theres a lot of private addresses and info in them.